Strengthening and promoting local industrial sector by adoption of advanced strategies in order to earn relatively large profit in the context of global competition by establishing links with the local, regional and international supply network through diversification of industries.
- Providing policy guidance to relevant State Ministries, and formulating policies in relation to the subject of Industries, in conformity with the prescribed Laws, Acts and Ordinances, implementation of projects under
the National budget, state Investment and National Development Programme, and formulating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating policies, programmes and projects, related to subjects and functions under belowmentioned Departments, State Corporations and Statutory Institutions for the creation of a “conducive business environment to promote domestic industries” based on the national policies implemented by the government, and in accordance with the policy statement “Vistas of Prosperity and Splendour”.
- Implementing a programme for jointly resolving with the relevant institutions, the issues all industrialists are confronted with.
- Establishing a single integrated mechanism in order to efficiently handle the import and export processes without interruption and within a minimum period
- Formulating and implementing policies, programmes and projects covering all provinces to strengthen export related production process
- Developing and implementing methodologies required to economically strengthen existing industries and to create access to new industrial fields broadening investment opportunities
- Introducing and implementing policies, programmes and projects required to resuscitate businesses and failed industries
- Formulating a programme for protection and strengthening of local entrepreneurs and businessmen
- Providing all infrastructure facilities required to establish the apparel city that has already been planned to be established in Eravur area in collaboration with the Board of Investment and the Land Reforms Commission
- Explore by adoption of modern high-technology, the mineral resources that are expected to be found underground and in the sea, and exploiting such resources to strengthen the countries’ production process